The US Composting Council (“USCC”) community is made up of a network of people with a common agenda, cause, and interests, who collaborate by sharing ideas, information, and resources. It is of utmost importance to the USCC that each and every person attending COMPOST2024 has a positive and rewarding experience and to that end, we invite all sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, vendors, and others (“Participants”) to help us realize a safe, respectful, and positive experience for everyone. When you participate in an event hosted by the USCC you are contributing to the overall experience, which makes us all accountable to each other.
The USCC has established this Code of Conduct to provide guidelines to Participants and to ensure that all Participants understand what behavior is expected, and what behavior will not be tolerated at an USCC event COMPOST2024. The USCC expects all Participants to abide by this Code of Conduct COMPOST2024.
The USCC is dedicated to providing a harassment-free and inclusive event experience for everyone
The USCC expects that community members will:
- Be considerate and respectful to all community members.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior, materials, and speech.
- Speak up if they observe anything at an event that conflicts with this Code of Conduct. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the USCC event staff immediately.
Unacceptable behavior from any community member will not be tolerated. Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct by any Participants of the event and related event activities. Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the event venue.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a Participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the USCC may take any action it deems appropriate, including warning or expelling the offender from the event with no refund. For more egregious behavior, the USCC may, in its reasonable discretion, temporarily ban or permanently expel a Participant from the community.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECTED TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify USCC event staff or contact the Daytona Convention Center security/ staff as soon as possible. USCC event staff will be available to assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the event. All reports will remain completely confidential.
Last Updated: 10/2/23