Below are the Annual Meeting COVID protocol rules and steps we are taking.
The safety of our attendees is and always will be paramount. We are committed to updating these guidelines as CDC guidelines evolve so we can maintain the highest level of compliance and safety considerations in our meetings. As regulations change, updates to our measures will be made on this webpage.
As of January 6, 2022:
- Please do not travel or attend the Meeting if you are not feeling well or think you have been exposed to COVID-19 or other viruses.
- For the 30th Annual Conference and Tradeshow in Austin, the USCC has mandated that everyone wear a face mask while in public indoor settings. This includes those who are fully vaccinated. This mandate follows the City of Austin’s covid protocols and is subject to change. Updated information can be found here https://www.austintexas.gov/covid19. The City of Austin is currently at Stage 5.
- Event security will remind attendees who are not wearing a mask to wear a mask per CDC guidance.
- The US Composting Council strongly recommends and expects that attendees get vaccinated, but we do not require vaccinations for its attendees.
- Speakers with proper distance are not required to wear a mask while presenting.
- The USCC will provide sanitizing wipes at each microphone for speakers to sanitize before speaking.
- Distance when you can. The meeting was designed with distancing, when possible, with options for attendees to move to areas with more distancing where possible, but final floor plans will be dependent on attendance vs. space available.
- If you are attending the outdoor equipment demonstration day on Thursday, January 27th, you are still required to wear a mask while outdoors. Social distancing is also recommended.
- We are following all venue catering safety protocols.
- We will stay informed of the current Texas and Travis County regulations. If these regulations change you will be notified.
NOTE: As regulations and requirements change, we reserve the right to alter the above as needed. Please check back regularly for the current measures.