Be Aware of COMPOST2023 Scams
As the USCC’s Conference is around the corner there will be scams related to the conference regularly!
Scams will attempt to convince you to purchase: Attendee Lists, Hotels, and even attendance to the conference. The USCC does sell & link to each of these items through the USCC’s websites and through authorised contact emails.
All USCC finances are handled by certain individuals of USCC, Greenfern Events and by certain individuals of the finance team at Capitol Hill Management Services (CHMS).
Authorized USCC Staff Emails all end with @compostingcouncil.org
- Frank Franciosi – email@example.com Executive Director
- Cary Oshins – firstname.lastname@example.org Associate Director
- Linda Norris-Waldt – email@example.com Advocacy, Corporate Relations & Chapter Relations Director
- Gowri Sundaram – firstname.lastname@example.org Database Manager
- Eric Hudiburg – email@example.com Membership & Marketing Manager
- Hessa Al Maghlouth – firstname.lastname@example.org Administrative Assistant
- Teri Sorg-McManamon – email@example.com Director of Professional Development and Certification; Project Manager, Compost University
- General USCC Accounts STA@compostingcouncil.org firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
USCC Contractors Green Fern Events –
@greenfernevents.com GFE manages the USCC’s annual conference and are authorized to send and collect payment details.
- Emily Kahn email@example.com
- Tiffany Harelik firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryder Nicholas email@example.com
The only authorized sources of information are as follows:
Membership Billing – Any USCC Staff or firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Lists – Eric Hudiburg & Linda Norris-Waldt
Conference Lists – Green Fern Events
Conference Hotel Bookings – Emails from email@example.com or our website