This year’s winners
Dylan Lew of Ecotone Renewables Digester
David Velez of TAWA
The Emerging Composter Challenge is an annual business pitch/poster competition, open to young professionals looking to showcase their businesses and research within the composting, compostable products, and organics recycling space.
Scroll down to see this years entries A, B, C, D and E
Choose your favorite and vote for the best three choices of yours!!!
Last year winners are
1st Place Prize: Groundcycle
2nd Place Prize: Astoria Pug
3rd Place Prize: APU Compost
THIS YEARS ENTRIES!
1. SoDak Community Compost
2. Closed Loop Systems- Renewable Waste Solution
3. Black Soldier Fly Larvae for full resource management and extraction- Complete Resource management
4. Curbside Micro Site Composting
5. Queen City Commons, LLC- Co-creating a resilient composting network on Cincinnati, OH
6. Ecotone Renewables Digester
7. Crystal Coast Curbside Community Composting Service
8. Coming soon
9. The Compost Marketing Agency- Making Composto Mainstream
10. Hard Core compost- Worker owned Bicycle powered compost
11. Oh Scrap DC- From Table to Farm
12. For a Greener Beqaa
13. Organica Jordan
Walid & Mutassem Alnabulsi
Applicants from college students to any business (that meets requirements) that recycles or supports the recycling of organics are encouraged to apply!
The Emerging Composter Competition looks for research projects and new businesses that span the entire organic food waste recycling industry:
- Technology innovations (apps, equipment, software)
- Composting systems and technologies
- Innovations for producing compost
- Businesses that focus on contamination aversion
- Public education focused businesses
- Collection service models, especially in underserved areas
- Businesses focused on compost use
Applicants can be for-profit or not-for-profit business owners who have been in existence 3 years or less; and have an annual sales revenue of $100,000 or less, Applicants should be looking for ways to gain feedback and momentum in pursuing their project, program, or business concept.
Interested in participating in the Emerging Composter Competition at COMPOST2023? Come back to this webpage for new updates soon!